Saturday, September 22, 2007

3:10 to yuma starring dallas roberts, reviewed

just went an watched 3:10 to yuma. we decided to go see this film while watching the preview. about half way through i realized, "oh my gosh, that's dallas roberts!" my wife said, "who?" "dallas," i said. now don't get me wrong, i have not seen or talked to dallas for about 16 years, since my sister's wedding i guess. hmm... when i was just a young tyke our families were great friends while we lived in sarasota and they have kept in touch regularly since. in fact, my father still keeps in touch with his father on a regular basis.

he and my sister were the same age. when i was in jr high and high school i skated for about eight years. i fondly remember my first ride on a skateboard was down the hill in front of the robert's home. dallas' brother had a skateboard and showed me how to ride it, while we were visiting.

anyways, dallas, if you ever see this - excellent film and excellent work! this truly was a great western film. both russell crowe and christian bale gave great performances. this reminded me of older westerns exploring the inner good of a man. go see this film.

----------------
Now playing: Pearl Jam - Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dallas here, bro. long time no see. glad you recognized me behind the mustache...drop me a line.

dallasroberts@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Yo Bryant! This is Brian Roberts. Dallas' brother that helped you skateboard down the hill! I remember that the old man neighbor kept running out and scaring us away!

It's been FOREVER!!! Email me :brian.roberts@mac.com

Dallas told me that he had found this blog today! He was here in L.A. (where I live now working as a voice actor) a few weeks ago and he took me and my wife and a few others to the Premiere of 3:10 to YUMA. It was awesome!! Check out my report of it at my Facebook page (just search for Brian Roberts and I'm the first one on the list) and look on the "Notes" section for the "3:10 to Yuma Premiere Report"

Bryant Johnson said...

it's really good to hear from you guys. hope you are doing well. i will try and shoot you an email later today to catch up. take care.