Monday, November 06, 2006

letter to joel


just wanted you to know that you have been on my mind and in my prayers. i don't know if you'll get to read this anytime soon, but i want you to know that i am thinking about you. i talk to jay pretty frequently and he lets me know how you are doing. he shared what had happened to your fellow soldier and humvee driver. i know that things are difficult for you and that fear sometimes may set in. remember Philippians 4:13. "i can do all things through God who strengthens me." stay strong while you are in iraq. tonya and i miss you. i remember out talks from sitting on the tailgate of my truck, to sitting on the stage in the youth room, and sitting in the chairs on my front porch. i told you a couple of times that i would take all of your pain i could. i meant that. every bit of it. i never knew, when i was saying that, that you would be doing and risking your life for me. fighting for our freedom. no matter what people say about the war, you are there fighting for us. i can't tell you how much i appreciate your courage and willingness to do that for us. well, until i see you again, take care. and when your done come to the beach.

No comments: